In the spirit of Halloween I present to you orange fruits and veggies that are good for you!
We’ve all been told that we need to eat more fruits and veggies for better health. Interestingly enough, depending upon the color of the fruit or vegetable it provides us with different vitamins, minerals and nutrients. One of the most “prettiest” and most nutritional fruits and veggies are orange in color. Here are the top five orange fruits and vegetables and what they provide you with nutritionally.
1. Oranges. Oranges provide a healthy dose of daily Vitamin C. They also provide antioxidants and phytonutrients as well.
2. Pumpkins. Pumpkins are a member of the squash family and often used as a replacement for fat. Boasting a healthy dose of beta-carotene and antioxidants, it has been proven those who eat a diet high in these two elements are less likely to develop certain cancers.
3. Carrots. Carrots boast a high fiber content, which is a wonderful fat fighting feature in itself. It also has a large amount of Vitamin A, which has been known to help prevent heart disease and ward off certain cancers
4. Sweet Potatoes. Sweet Potatoes contain carotenoids that can lower and stabilize blood sugar levels. This allows the body to be more adaptable to insulin and can ultimately help with metabolism as well.
5. Papaya. Though the most exotic of the orange fruits and vegetables listed here, this also provides a nutritional punch. The papaya is a wonderful source of fiber, which aids in digestive health. Papaya’s are also rich in vitamins and minerals and aid in anti-inflammatory problems.
As you can see, orange fruits and vegetables are not only beautiful but healthful as well. Even incorporating one of these into your diet each day can make a vast improvement in your health and longevity.