If you’re an eggnog fan (and who isn’t) I’ve got a special treat for you!
My friend Dr. Jenn shared this super delicious Dairy-Free Eggnog recipe with me a couple days back. Yesterday I had a chance to test it out and DANNNNNNGG was it fantastic! It’s super simple to make and I’m sure it will be a hit with your family and friends.
Check it out and let mw know what you think.
- 8 egg yolks
- 4 cups coconut milk (full fat yummy kind!)
- 3 tbsp organic cane sugar
- 3 tbsp agave nectar
- 2 tsp natural vanilla extract
- 1 tsp ground nutmeg (divided in 2)
- 1/2 tsp ground cinnamon (divided in 2)
- 1/4 cup dark rum (optional….but more fun…)
- Pour coconut milk, sugar, and agave nectar into saucepan. Heat over medium heat, but DO NOT BOIL.
- In a large bowl, beat egg yolks with vanilla extract.
- Once coconut mixture is heated, add 1/2 into the egg yolk mixture. Whisk briskly. Add remaining coconut mixture and whisk again.
- Pour entire bowl back into saucepan and add 1/2 tsp of nutmeg, and 1/4 tsp of cinnamon. Wash your bowl as you’ll need it again.
- Cover saucepan and heat over low heat, stirring continuously but DO NOT BOIL. Continue stirring until eggnog thickens enough to coat the back of your spoon.
- Add the eggnog back into the bowl and allow it to cool to room temperature.
- Stir in rum if desired.
- Cover bowl and refrigerate for at least 3 hours but preferably overnight.
- Prior to serving, combine remaining nutmeg and cinnamon and sprinkle a little on top of each glassful.