With the temperatures rising your natural instinct is to find a way to cool down. One way to go about doing this is to ditch the secure yet non-breathable running shoes for flip flops. This popular summer footwear not only let your feet get some fresh air but keeps them cool as well.
In addition, from a fashion standpoint they do look good with certain clothing. However, flip flops have a bad rep when it comes to stabilizing your foot and ankle joints.
Because flip flops have no support for your feet it can cause some serious muscular and skeletal problems for you over time.
With that said, here are some hazards for you to think about.
- Extra pressure on the heel of the foot.
- Having blisters in between your toes from the thong types.
- They can easily slip off – extremely dangerous when driving.
- You have to clench your toes to prevent them from slipping off - which can lead to strains and pains.
- More risk of breaking or fracturing a toe.
- No ankle support