This weeks summer ab exercise is sure to make you feel the “burn”. It hits the upper abs and keeps the tension on them throughout the whole exercise.
The Ab Pulse
- Lie on your back with your legs up at a 90 degree angle.
- Straighten out your arms and make a gun with your fingers.
- Raise your head off the ground and point your fingers up to your toes at a 45 degree angle.
- Lift your shoulder blades off the ground and use your upper stomach muscles to get your fingers closer to your toes.
- Don’t let your shoulders blades touch the ground.
- Keep the movement small and quick.
- be sure not to bend your elbows and make sure your arms are always straight.
- Try to go for 30 reps in one shot.
TIP: Ff this gets too easy what you can do to challenge your muscles a bit more is take your arms to one side of your leg to work your oblique muscles or the sides of your stomach.
Let me know how this one goes and as usual if you have any questions or comments just post them below.